Hands On Orlando works to solve community problems by inspiring, educating and empowering people to make a difference through volunteer action.
We serve and support volunteers by identifying, planning, managing and leading hands-on, community-based projects that they can join. Our calendar projects are free to join and open to the general public. And we assist non-profit organizations, schools and parks. Our projects cost us time and money to produce and do not help us in any way.
HOO has assisted over 300 community organizations, supported more than 185,000 volunteers and coordinated over 4500 projects.
Projects typically last for three hours and can have a long-term impact upon volunteers, agencies and people who need help. But no long-term time commitment is ever required. Projects give volunteers opportunities to learn while they help others and do not involve fundraising or administrative tasks.
Founded in 1999, Hands On Orlando is a federally tax-exempt, 501(c)3 non-profit charity. We are 100% supported by monetary donations from people like you, volunteers, groups and companies. We do not receive financial support from the government or United Way.
Hands On Orlando surveys the volunteers it serves and supports. (We understand that these results look like a rigged N. Korean election.)
- Did you make a difference in our community by volunteering today? Yes, 100%
- Was your participation in this project a good use of your time? Yes, 100%
- Was today's project well managed? Yes, 100%
- Will you consider volunteering on another Hands On Orlando volunteer project? Yes, 100%
- Would you recommend Hands On Orlando to your family and friends? Yes, 100%