Families / Community Groups
Hands On Orlando gives families and community groups easy access to its calendar-based volunteer projects.
A group's leader starts the process by creating a free member account and a volunteer team.
Many charities don't welcome volunteers who are under age 18 or those who won't make long-term commitments. No HOO projects exclude youth. Hands On Orlando breaks down barriers to engagement by serving volunteers.
Since 1999 HOO has managed 100% of its projects to reduce "train wreck" potential. There is a minimum age of participation for each project, based upon factors like tasks involved, complexity and safety.
Volunteers who use Hands On Orlando learn about community issues, meet like-minded people and develop their passion to help others. Projects do not involve administrative work, walks/runs, fundraising, politicals or religion.
Create Teams / Manage Teams / Project Attendance
Hands On Orlando allows families and community-based groups to sign up their members to projects via teams.
Companies should contact Hands On Orlando, at 407.740.8652 for a project proposal.
Create a Team
- Click, "Create A New Team."
- Complete the form. Enter first and last name and unique e-mail of each person. (If under age 14, enter name and phone number.)
- Click: "Create Team."
Sign Up Team Members to a Project
- Visit specific project page, linked from our calendar.
- Confirm that enough volunteers spaces are available.
- On the project's page, click, "Sign up with a team" link. Your account will open. Select your team.
- Select members who you personally guarantee will attend and be on time!
Waiver of Liability
If project attendance is below 85% a team's captain must delete their team. This action limits harm to Hands On Orlando and to charities/schools it helps.
Questions? Call 407.740.8652.
Hands On Orlando reserves the right to terminate its Team feature at any time based upon cost and usage.