Families / Community Groups / Teams
Hands On Orlando gives families, youth and community groups easy access to its calendar-based volunteer projects. Almost one-third of volunteers served by HOO are under age 18.
Companies should contact Hands On Orlando, at 407.740.8652 for a project proposal.
Volunteer Opportunities Can Be Hard To Find
Hands On Orlando breaks down barriers to engagement by actually serving volunteers. Many charities don't welcome volunteers who are under age 18 or those who can't make long-term commitments.
No HOO projects exclude youth. There is a minimum age of participation for each project, based upon factors like tasks involved, complexity and safety.
HOO manages 100% of its projects. This reduce the "train wreck" potential for volunteers and charities we help.
Volunteers who use Hands On Orlando learn about community issues, meet like-minded people and address social issues important to them. Projects do not involve administrative work, walks/runs, fundraising, politicals or religion advocacy.
Create Teams / Manage Teams / Project Attendance
Hands On Orlando allows families and community-based groups to sign up their members to projects via teams. Here's how:
- Click, "Create A New Team."
- Complete the form. Enter first and last name and unique e-mail of each person. (If under age 14, enter name and phone number.)
- Click: "Create Team."
Sign Up Team Members to a Project
- Visit specific project page, linked from our calendar.
- Confirm that enough volunteers spaces are available.
- On the project's page, click, "Sign up with a team" link. Your account will open. Select your team.
- Select members who you personally guarantee will attend and be on time!
Waiver of Liability
If project attendance is below 85% a team's captain must delete their team. This action limits further harm to Hands On Orlando and to charities/schools it helps.
Questions? Call 407.740.8652.
Hands On Orlando reserves the right to terminate its Team feature at any time due to its high cost to maintain or because of improper volunteer usage, without notice.